Processor and PPM
This is a non-hot plug procedure
- Loosen the thumbscrew on the processor retaining
- Open the processor retaining bracket.
- Remove the PPM.
- Move the processor-locking lever to the unlocked
- Lift the processor/heatsink assembly straight up
from its socket
If necessary, open retaining bracket. Be sure that the processor locking
lever is in the unlocked position.
- Position the processor above the connecter. Be sure that the tab on
the processor is positioned over the open locking lever platform.
- Set in place.
- Close locking lever.
- Replace PPM.
- Close processor retaining bracket.
- Tighten thumbscrew.