Processor and heatsink
Before you begin
- Remove power to the server.
- Remove the access panel.
- If you are removing a second processor, remove the air baffle.
- Remove the fan baffle.
Removing the processor and heatsink
- Press to release and rotate the heatsink locking levers up and over about 160 degrees.
- Lift the heatsink out of the server.
- Press to release the processor locking lever and rotate it up.
- Lift the processor locking cover.
- Lift the processor up and out of the server.
Replacing or installing a processor and heatsink
- Install the processor on the connector so that the triangle on the processor lines up with the notch on the connector.
- Close the processor locking cover.
- Rotate and press down the processor locking lever to secure the cover and processor.
- Set the heatsink on the processor.
- Rotate down and press to secure each heatsink locking lever.